The Effect of Cost of Education on choice of Private universities in Uganda
Keywords: cost, choice, private universities, fees policy and activity based costing.
AbstractThis study analysed the effect of cost on choices by international students to study in private Ugandan universities. The analysis indicated that fees policy contributed 17% to the way cost was considered. The relationship between fees policy and choice was 36%, implying that fees policy also influenced choices of a university. The purpose of the study was achieved because it was shown that cost influenced up to 75% of the choice of a University. The study proposed adopting an Activity Based Costing approach in determining the cost of education. A simulation test gave a prediction that if adopted, Activity Based Costing would contribute 13% to cost. All this increased the total causal effect of cost on choice to 88%.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).